This is for those people who are unfortunate enough to be working with Office 2003. It’s crazy, but some clients are still working with the older versions of things.
- Get your data straightened out in your spreadsheet – replace N/A with a blank cell, replace — with 0, only one header, etc.
- Remove all spaces and strange characters from your header (Dashboard Designer chokes on some of these)
- In Excel 2003, Data –> List –> Create List (
Make sure that you have all your data selected, and check the box “My list has headers” (if it applies). Click OK.
- Data –> List –> Publish List. This will bring up a dialog, which you then use to enter the site collection name other info. Check the box that links the sheet to the SharePoint list.
- Next you will make sure that your columns are the proper data type. If they are not right, Cancel and fix the data in the columns (remove “-” from a numeric column, etc).
- If you checked the box that links your spreadsheet to the SharePoint list, you can go to Data –> List –> Synchronize List and get the latest updates.